One warm evening many years ago…
After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days, I knew that I had to tell her just one thing. So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear. She smiled – the kind of smile that makes me smile back –and she said, “When I’m seventy-five and I think about my life and what it was like to be young, I hope that I can remember this very moment.”
A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep. The room was peaceful – almost silent. All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing. I stayed awake thinking about the time we’d spent together and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible. And at some point, I realized that it didn’t matter what we’d done or where we’d gone. Nor did the future hold any significance.
All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.
Just being with her and breathing with her.
The moral: We must not allow the clock, the calendar, and external pressures to rule our lives and blind us to the fact that each individual moment of our lives is a beautiful mystery and a miracle – especially those moments we spend in the presence of a loved one.
Click here to read more motivational stories here.
Life can be tough sometimes and during these moments, you need to gather your inner strength and fight against the odds one more time. When it feels like you are losing it, having some of the most powerful quotes about life in mind might just provide the inspiration you need to overcome your obstacles. These quotes from some of the most powerful people who have ever lived serve as an inspiration that will awaken a strong spirit of resilience in you. Why wait for a crisis when you have the most powerful quotes about strength to get you through these tough times?
The appeal behind the most powerful quotes that makes them inspirational to the extent that they become mantras for future generations is clever wordsmithing and motivational psychology. While simple words may have a similar meaning to these quotes, they won’t draw the same level of power and inspiration over people’s lives. Now that you understand the role of powerful quotes, here are some of the most powerful mantras that will inspire you to focus on things you have ever wanted to achieve in life.
Most powerful quotes about life and love
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.– Voltaire
- The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention. – Richard Warren
- Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life. – Thomas Merton No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living. – Winston Churchill
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln
- Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. – Les Brown
- Today is life–the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. – Dale Carnegie
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Dennis P. Kimbro
- Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce. – Vivian Komori
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. – Thomas Paine
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Unity is the strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. – Mattie Stepanek
- I do believe in the old saying, ‘What does not kill you makes you stronger.’ Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity. – Angelina Jolie
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. – Ernest Hemingway
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- In solitude, the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself. – Laurence Stern.